I typically spend late September and October perpetually confused. I love everything the season brings: crisp air, pumpkin everything, candy corn, boots, Halloween, football + tailgating, hot chocolate, haunted houses...
There is so much to enjoy.
And yet, I fear the early sunsets, long dark days, and cold bitter weather that is just around the corner.
Therefore, I struggle to fully embrace the goodness that autumn brings.
This year, I'm determined to love the season to its fullest.
I've established a few goals....
- Eat as many meals outside as possible
- Take lots of postprandial walks
- Go to at least one haunted house
- Carve pumpkins
- Master the art of layering
- Order my latte spiced or pumpkin whenever possible
- Attend as many football games and tailgates as I can
- Embrace fall festivals
And, to get myself in the mood, some autumnal inspiration...