Happy Wednesday, friends! I thought I'd share a few of my favorite finds from the internet this week. If you have any great podcasts, feel free to post them in the comments. I'm always looking for more!
Two Things Worth Doing:
- Donate to Houston relief: I'd imagine most of you feel as helpless as I do and want to find a way to help. The New York Times has an extensive list of ways to give back. I also thought it was cool that May Designs is giving 100% of proceeds from these journals to relief.
- Sign up to attend a Letter Project Write Night in honor of The International Day of the Girl. I'd love to have you! Do good, have snacks, make friends! :)
Three Things Worth Watching/Listening to:
- Alessia Cara taking off her hair and makeup at the VMAs: I cried. She's amazing. Just amazing.
- Mitch Albom on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday: I love his perspective on resisting culture. It was so inspiring!
- Derek Black on the Daily (date is August 22): I *think* this would be a good listen regardless of political affiliation. It was incredibly interesting hearing Derek's perspective on leaving the white supremacy movement.
Four Things Worth Reading:
- Robyn's post: What Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. Such a good read about hormones, birth control and fertility.
- The Amazon Effect: How Prices Dropped at Whole Foods: More of a fun-FYI than anything else. Here's to hoping Amazon drops the price of Perfect Bars at Whole Foods!
- How to start: If you're looking to grow an online business, this is a great read about where to begin. Sometimes Gary Vaynerchuk's writing style kind of rubs me wrong (I'm sensitive!), but he always has great ideas.
- Revelation 21:4: Between Charlottesville and Houston, my heart has felt so heavy lately. I'm finding solace in this verse and thought you might, too.