My intern for The Letter Project recently told me that she thought she loved coffee, but she's never seen anything like the way Chris and I love coffee. "I've never heard anyone talk about it the way you guys do! You just love it so much," she told me.
Are we coffee obsessed? Yes. Should we be concerned about ourselves? Maybe. Are we overcaffeinated almost always? Definitely.
But alas, this is our life. We are coffee lovers!
When I was 25, someone told me that if you skip just one morning coffee out each month (assuming your coffee is $3), you'll save $36 a year. If invested, that $36 will be $6,243 when you retire at 65.
Over $6k in your retirement, just because you skipped one coffee a month. Talk about extra motivation to make yo joe at home!
Savings aside, I'm a big believer in being able to make a good cup of coffee you love at home. Saturday magic, to me, is sitting outside with Chris, talking over a slow cup of coffee. I normally drink one hot cup in the morning and one cold cup after lunch.
With that in mind, I thought I'd share a few accessories that make coffee at home feel indulgent (and help save cash in the long run!).
1. A milk steamer // I normally drink my first cup of coffee black. Some days, though, I need to cut it with milk. Having the ability to steam or froth it at home has been a game changer. I prefer it to a lot of coffee shops!
2. V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper // We've tried the Chem-X, the French Press and the Aeropress for pour over coffee. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but our favorite is the V-60. It makes a delicious cup of coffee!
3. Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker // If you loved iced coffee, I highly recommend the Toddy. It steeps overnight to make cold brew concentrate that you mix with milk or water. It's delicious!
4. Ice trays // Ice trays? Ice trays! We have a coffee-only tray that we fill and freeze. It eliminates leftover coffee waste and makes us feel SO FANCY when we put it in our iced coffee. Also, if it takes you two hours to drink one cup of coffee like me, it makes it so your coffee doesn't get diluted.
5. The HyperChiller // We got this as a wedding gift and have been in loved ever since. You can convert hot coffee to cold coffee in 60 seconds. It's great for when you forget to make cold coffee ahead of time and are really craving it.
I guess after writing this post I may have convinced myself that we have a coffee obsession. Buuuuut we probably aren't going to change our ways. Happy HYPER Friday!