Confession: there was a period of time when I banned myself from going to Target. I just couldn't go! It was soon after I quit my job, when we were tightening things up, and I realized Target accounted for at least an extra $50 each month, if not more. I mean, how do you get out of that place without burning a quick $25? You go for hand soap and come out with a swim suit, planner and two throw pillows!
But, my year without an income taught me a bit more restraint and now I can trust myself to walk out with just the soap. OK, and maybe gum.
I don't mean to take ya down with me, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorite recent Target finds. If you want to save a bit, check out their Cartwheel app for in-store purchases. You can typically save a few dollars.
For online purchases, I use ebates. If you click through ebates to target.com, you'll get a percentage of your purchase back via a check in the mail. 1% doesn't sound like much, but if you buy a lot online, or use it at Christmas, you can earn good money!
Also, if you want to be tempted to buy everything, all the time, check out @Targetdoesitagain.
- Kristen Ess The One Signature Shampoo - After moving, I had to find a new shampoo, because I've bought mine from Cortex in Atlanta for years. I love this shampoo! It's $10, but feels like high-end salon shampoo. It smells subtly wonderful, is sulfate free and doesn't weigh my hair down. Not convinced? Check out this review. I just ordered the dry shampoo and can't wait to try it!
- These journals - When I was younger, I'd always create stories in lined notebooks, sure I was going to write some romantic fiction novel someday. These sweet journals tap into the 12-year-old author in me, marked chapters one, two and three. I also feel encouraged to free write often. There are three chapters to fill, after all!
- Spindrift - I'm typically a La Croix girl (not afraid to be basic, here), but the extra 10 calories in Spindrift make all the difference in flavor. It tastes so good! I love the lemon and grapefruit.
- This marble cheese board - It makes such a great housewarming gift! It looks like Anthropologie's version, but is significantly less expensive.
- Champion workout shorts - I love, love, love these shorts. My sister discovered them and got me totally hooked. They are super comfy and a great loose fit, without looking diaper-ish :) I want to buy all the colors! They come in black, too!'