I don't ever want to be over here in my corner of the internet creating noise just to create it. I want to make sure I'm offering quality posts with things people really want to read. I never want to be pounding on a piano just to make sure people know I'm still here.
I know a lot of you readers are beautiful, wonderful 20-somethings navigating the stickiness of the decade - especially singleness. With that in mind, I want to be sensitive about how much wedding-related content I'm sharing.
But! It was a big part of my year and it feels odd not to share a few things around our wedding. So, if you are feeling a little frustrated that all your friends are getting engaged and aching from the worry of where a mate could be, I want to say: (1) I get it. I've been there. It's a hard season and it's OK if it feels tough to navigate. (2) Feel free to skip this series. Again, I get it :) Not every post is for everyone.
I wanted to share a few of the weirdest things we registered for - and are SO glad we did.
There are a lot of lists out there that delineate what every girl needs, but those lists tended to overwhelm me when we were engaged. On the whole, Chris and I have learned that we aren't stuff people. We don't have a ton of space and have realized that the more things you have, the more those things require maintenance. If we didn't have a home and a use for it, we didn't register for it.
A stand-up mixer is many a girl's dream. But, I don't like things out on the countertop, so it isn't something I registered for. A hand mixer is much more my style.
Of course, the obvious items we put on there like a grill, sheets, a vacuum, knives, coffee grinder, dishes, etc. we LOVE. But I'm pretty sure the Knot has those covered.
So, without further ado, some of the weird things I highly recommend adding to your registry:
1. A Big Berkey water filter / My brothers got us this and we are in love. In love! It filters any water to make it drinkable - even stagnant ponds. And it tastes delicious.
2. The HyperChiller for Iced Coffee / You could put hot coffee in the little ice chamber and it will be cold in one minute. I hear you can make wine cold, too. It's just the tool two coffee addicts need to take our caffeine game to the next level.
3. Kettlebells, Plyometric Box Jump and Foam Roller / Chris has a dream of someday having a full home gym, so we thought we'd jump start it with these tools. I worried they might be excessive when we first put them on the registry, but now I use them constantly.
4. A Yeti Cooler / People are so generous around weddings and often join together to buy big gifts. We really hesitated to put this on our registry because we didn't want to seem greedy. We're so glad we did - a bunch of Chris' friends went in together on it and we used it so much this summer.
5. A Mini Measuring Cup / This will probably win the award for the most random. We didn't ask for this, but someone tied it on to a gift. We use it every day to scoop our coffee. It's so cute - like a measuring cup for American Girls.
6. Pottery Barn Daily System / This is an organizer's kryptonite. I love it so much I almost don't want to use it. It's simple and has all of the components to keep a little house, out of which two adults work, organized.
9. A Folding Table / I'm probably showing just how utilitarian we are a little too much. We're always ready to throw a party! In the past, we've always borrowed from friends when we host. We feel so grown up having our own folding table :)
10. A Hammock / The best, best way to end a long day at work: going horizontal.
[affiliate links used in this post]