Chris and I are gearing up for our holiday travels this week. We head to Charlotte on Friday to celebrate with his dad. From there, we'll drive to Atlanta for Christmas with his mom. Then we'll drive back to Virginia to celebrate with my family. We're going to be logging some serious mileage!
One of the little tricks Chris taught me for road tripping is to put a reminder to download good podcasts/books on your packing list. Always prepared, that Chris! :) Here are a few I'm loving or planning to listen to on our drive:
1. Henry Cloud & John Townsend discussing boundaries during the holiday season with Jen Hatmaker. I really cannot recommend this one enough - especially before the holidays. I listened last week and have told everyone I know to listen.
2. Slow Burn: A podcast about Watergate: I'm only halfway through this one, but am really enjoying it. They take an in-depth look at various people who were involved with Watergate, but you may not have heard of before. It is great!
3. The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting: Well. You already know how much I love Brené Brown. Long before we were pregnant, I knew I'd listen to this someday. I love, love that she narrates it herself and am so excited to listen and take notes.
4. How I Built This with Guy Raz: This is one of my all-time favorites. If you're not sure where to begin, I especially loved the episodes with Framebridge, Bumble, Ben & Jerry's and Teach for America. I am always so inspired by the guests.
5. The Polygamist's Daughter: A Memoir: Not exactly a holiday classic, I realize. But I heard Anna LeBaron speak on Jen Hatmaker's podcast this fall and could not get enough of her story. I am so excited to listen to her book.
What are you favorites? What should we add to our list? Safe travels to those of you who will be hitting the road!