Chris and I have been in it's-summer-slash-we're-newlyweds mode since May, which means our priorities have been grilling every night, spending time on our deck and going for postprandial walks. We haven't wanted to touch our computers at night - that hot, humid air giving us an aversion to all things screen. It has been lovely, you could say :)
As fall approaches (yikes!), as well as my last day of work (double yikes!), I find myself acutely aware that it's time to buckle down. Here are a few of my August goals:
1. Make a new budget, stick to it // We're going to be tightening up as my last day approaches. We made a new budget this week and I was abundantly grateful that we did it after I quit and not a moment sooner. Not having a salary is feeling scary.
2. Unsubscribe from store emails // I want those sales, baby! But, I've noticed that just clicking through the Madewell sale doesn't entice me to find contentment in my heart or stick to said budget.
3. Finalize business plan & grow it! // The time has come to really focus on Project to Love Ourselves.
4. Blog about our wedding and honeymoon // The thought of sharing it has overwhelmed me. I worry one little post won't do it justice. But this month, I'm doing it!
5. Go to yoga a lot // This will be my last month of unlimited membership at Core Power Yoga. I'm going to live it up for my last few weeks!
6. Legally change my last name // I sent in the paperwork months ago and found out yesterday I sent it to the wrong county. Rats! I'm determined to have that wrapped up sooner rather than later
7. Finish All the Places to Go by John Ortberg // My mom bought this book for all of my siblings and me. It has been so fun reading it simultaneously - like a family book club! I'd like to finish it this month.