In the last few weeks I've probably started 10 blog posts. None of them have seen the light of day, though. My creative juices are flowing, but once I sit down to actually write something I can't get beyond a few sentences. It's not that I lack the motivation; it's that I'm not fully connecting the dots. Where was I going with this? Why is this post relevant? What was I going to say?
I felt frustrated about it the other day, wondering if this was going to last forever.
But, of course, it's not. It's simply a season of postpartum life. Until it passes, I thought I'd share a few of the things I would like to blog about, but can't seem to pull together. So, here we go:
- If I were to write a post to first-time moms with newborns, I'd want to tell them things get easier. Four weeks was my hardest stretch. Eight and nine weeks are hard, too. Three months? It's amazing. It's so much easier. At least this has been our trajectory. And if it's not yours, I promise your easier days are coming. It doesn't last forever.
- I absolutely love buying our eco-friendly cleaning products through The Grove. It's the most consistently affordable way to purchase low-chemical items. It is technically a subscription service, but you can turn that off. I order on an as-needed basis.
- Chris and I decided to Airbnb our house for some UVA football weekends. Our first guest is coming this weekend and I feel very mixed about it. Somewhat anxious about having strangers stay in our home, but also like it's a no-brainer. I will surely report back on this at some point.
- I haven't seen a therapist, gone to yoga, meditated, journaled much or had consistent quiet times since Mac was born. I can definitely tell a little difference in my life. It's not that I feel untethered or anything, but that when I was taking time to do these things, I was more intentional and thoughtful. Definitely something to slowly integrate back into my life now that we're finding a routine.
- I just got these shorts from Madewell as a gift and I absolutely love them. I highly recommend. :) Comfy and dressy at the same time. They do wrinkle though.